Our aims and values
As a Church of England school we are focussed on nurturing the personal and academic development of our children, within the context of a Christian ethos. We aim to:
- Create a happy, caring school where everyone feels valued
- Encourage good behaviour and kindness for one another
- Give every child every opportunity to achieve their potential, inspiring a lifelong love of learning
- Guide and nurture our children so they can become successful adults who can develop and sustain healthy relationships
- Provide opportunities for children to explore spirituality and reflect upon their experiences of the Christian faith
Although we follow a Christian ethos we also welcome children who follow other faiths.
In Church of England schools, we uphold our Christian distinctiveness and the Christian values which underpin what we do, whilst promoting the British Values of; democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and a mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs. Our Christian values are those which have given rise to what are now called ‘British values’. We are aware that many of these values are shared by people of good faith from many traditions in a diverse British culture. We can be confident in stating our moral and spiritual purpose: that every child matters to God. As we do this we also point towards specific Christian values which underpin our work, and which we would wish all our children and families to experience in our schools. At Newton Regis our core Christian values are kindness, love, hope, respect, forgiveness and worship.
[Birmingham Diocese Statement on British Values]