Ducklings is our nursery class of up to 13 children aged between 2 and half and 3. Ducklings is led by Mrs Bushnell, who is an expert in giving little ones a happy productive start on their Learning Journey. We offer:
- Close integration between Nursery, Reception and Year 1, which helps children progress happily and confidently through the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Caring, experienced staff
- Flexible sessions and start dates
- Modern, purpose built nursery facilities and excellent resources
- A reassuring staged induction programme to help little ones settle in happily
Our focus is on learning through fun. Teaching and play are carefully planned to lead and support your child as they develop their skills and confidence, and your child’s progress is documented in detail in a special journal called The Learning Journey. We cover the Early Learning goals through a wide variety of fun structured and child initiated activities, encouraging children to learn independence alongside many social and academic skills, and helping your little one to flourish. Our nursery has a warm, caring atmosphere and because it is fully integrated into the school children quickly develop into confident members of the school, and are well prepared for their move up into Reception.